A complete solution for Palletizing application with complete sequencing performed from PLC
Our Palletizing software offers solution for setup/calibration, pallet pattern definition, & production
The PLC-based software is applicable to the NX102 & NA5-12 hardware that allows flexibility to expand or integrate functionality. The integration between PLC and Cobot consists of Listen Node and Modbus.
Some main features of OMRON Palletizing software
Configurable Layout through Teaching procedure:
- Pallets, Conveyors, Boxes
- Slipsheet now available
Number of Cobots, pallets in layout, & boxes per pallet:
- 2 per controller
- Only one available in the HMI example
- Up to 5 active pallets at the same time
- 2 active pallets in the HMI example
- 400 (default)
Pallet pattern definition source & gripper control:
- From HMI sample: "Layer by layer" pallet definition
- From PLC program: no restriction, but programming and integration required
- Application dependent: The FB manages open/close requests but doesn’t control the device itself. This solution is not linked to any specific mechanical system.
Recipe Management, process type, & pillar control:
- Data Stored in PLC SD Card
- Recipe Management Commands
- Palletize/Depalletize (single pick)
Based in a FB to be integrated into SI solution, by providing the corresponding information through the Data Structures
Generic TMFlow program independently of process
Listen Node: to command the robot
Modbus: for data monitoring
60% smaller footprint and costing up to 50% less compared to conventional robot palletisers
Palletizing process automated with OMRON TM12 cobots
OMRON and Reitec join forces to create the new RC-1 cobot palletiser solution
Cobot solution with small footprint and active safety equipment enables handling up to 8 boxes per minute without the need for fencing or laser scanners.
Myllyn Paras, a food manufacturer based in Hyvinkää, Finland, has found an innovative way to automate its palletizing operations.